The heart of the FACTIVITY system is it’s easy of use and intuitive MES software system module. Known as the Shop Floor Workbench this major module allows tracking of all Factory ACTIVITY.
In addition to our unique and customizable paperless dispatch, is customizable paperless job or order document. This electronic touch screen and push button approach was created by FACTIVITY over 20 years ago. This functionality will replace paper traveler packets and eliminate the requirement to use bar code readers while working with the touch screen based job/order information on terminals at each operation. With Paperless Shop Activity tracking, you can:
- Improve Sustainability and eliminate paper… When you don’t need to scan a traveler and it can be viewed on a tablet or other touch screen device then you have also eliminated the time it takes to print, copy sort and distribute paper traveler packets. Your “to-do” list is up-to-the-minute for each operation on each job helping to move production along smooth and getting the products to your customers—faster.
- Improve the user experience (UX) … Deliver detailed instructions, PDF’s, quality documents, machine instruction, parts programs and videos for each operation. And if there are changes to the order, update linked documents instantaneously. This ensures employees have the complete and current information they need to get things right the first time.
- MRB and rework faster. Identify and track parts needing to be placed in WIP MRB. After disposition they can be scrapped (with a mandatory reason code) or reworked. Al while the operator stay right at their work area. Electronic notification by the FACTIVITY Alert System helps focus management on problems immediately
How operators work with FACTIVITY
Jobs are listed in operational sequence order by resource. The resource can be a machine, line, cell work center, assembly area and is usually defined by the routing file in your ERP system.
- The Operator selects his/her resource and immediate sees the shift “to-do” list published by the APS or imported from another system.
- Operators attach themselves to an operation without the requirement for a costly “sign-on” license.
- One operator can work multiple jobs simultaneously for automated operations that do not need to have another present
- Multiple people can work one job like a crew with each operator collecting his/her time independently.
- Software switches allow to the detection of the operator production recording without bar code readers